3 Things To Consider when Choosing a College WP Team
- THE SELECTION PROCESS - Choosing the right school and water polo team for “You“ is always a challenge. There are a few things to consider when selecting a school.
- Choose a school/ team that you know you will make an impact and difference on. It’s discouraging to go to a school and spend half, or more, of your 4 years of eligibility on the bench after putting in so much time each week.
- Consider a school where you would still be happy at if something were to happen and you weren't able to play sports anymore.
- Lastly, choose a school that has a curriculum which you are passionate about.
- STUDENT ATHLETE - There is a reason why the word student is before athlete. A lot of teenagers go into college and neglect the academics part. The reality is that less than 1% of college athletes go pro! What are you going to do after college when you are stuck with a low GPA and cannot find a good job to be able to support yourself and start the next chapter of your life? Think about both the time you're spending playing water polo, and the time you're studying, focusing on academics. So, that brings us to our next one: time management.
- TIME MANAGEMENT - Finding that perfect balance between academics and sport is always a challenge that student athletes struggle with throughout their college career. Practicing up to 20 hours a week and taking a full load of classes, can become very overwhelming and exhausting. Ensure that you are putting enough time aside and planning your weeks in advance so that you are able to put 100% into both.
Ok, so those are our tips to consider when selecting a college, and a water polo team to join! We want you to succeed when you're looking to make the decision for this important step in your life.
If you're looking to develop your skills then checkout our Water Polo Camps that we run year round: Nike 5meter Water Polo Camps.